Title: Chelsea Flower Show 2013
Publisher: London Transport Museum
Size: Double Royal 25in x 40in
This May sees the 100th year of RHS Chelsea Flower Show, that enduring and incredibly popular hardy annual flower and gardening show that inspires gardeners, real and imaginary, all over London and across the length and breadth of Great Britain.
Now 150 years old, the London Underground can claim a greater pedigree and is also incredibly enduring and popular enabling over a billion people a year to move around London for work and leisure.
Reviving a great tradition, the Underground in its 150th year is publicising the 100th RHS Chelsea Flower Show with a special poster depicting the tube map with its coloured lines as both common and unusual flowers.
The poster was devised by London Transport Museum’s own Design Studio and will be displayed on selected stations appropriate to Sloane Square, the nearest Underground Station to the traditional Royal Hospital venue.
The flowers chosen to be illustrated on the poster are:
- Grey Hydrangeas – Jubilee Line
- Chocolate Cosmos – Bakerloo Line
- Green Chrysanthemum – District Line
- Blue Tulip - Piccadilly Line
- Black Pansy – Northern Line
- Red Rose – Central Line
- Himalayan Blue Poppy – Waterloo & City Line
- Maroon Lily – Metropolitan Line
- Blue geranium – Victoria Line
- Allamanda Cathartica – Circle Line
- Pink Gerbera – Hammersmith & City Line
- Orange Gerbera – East London Overground Line