Platform for Design
**EXCLUSIVE TO LONDON TRANSPORT MUSEUM**
Author: Hugh Pearman
Platform for Design, a new book by architecture critic and RIBA Journal editor Hugh Pearman, is now available to coincide with the launch of ‘the design line’ exhibition. With over 150 visualisations and photographs, the book explores the design of the railway’s new and upgraded stations, the new public spaces, the trains and the artworks being delivered by Crossrail, Europe’s biggest infrastructure project.
Crossrail is Europe’s largest infrastructure project. It is delivering 42kms of new tunnels, 10 new stations and improvements at many more and a series of exciting public art installations.
The new exhibition at London Transport Museum tells the story of its design. Take a tour of the new stations, art and public space on London’s newest railway:
- See miniature models of new stations and a sample of the new public artwork for Paddington station
- Experience the journey from street to platform at some of the future stations in a new short film
- Build Custom House station
- Try out the new bench prototype
- Touch real architectural samples used to build the stations