Data protection and privacy
We respect your absolute right to privacy. London Transport Museum and its service providers will use your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling your order, customer services (inc. Museum updates) and administration and customer research. Your personal information will be properly safeguarded and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any information that you give us (London Transport Museum) will never be given or sold to any other organisation under any circumstance without your express permission except to (1) our partner, Internova, for the purposes of carrying out maintenance of this website and assisting us with sending you marketing information where you have asked us to do so, (2) our provider of online payment facilities in connection with your processing your order, and (3) to couriers and other subcontractors for the purpose of fulfilling orders.
What information do we collect about you?
We will collect the following types of personal information from you:
• Contact information for order fulfillment and customer services purposes (such as name, email address, delivery address and telephone number). This information may be used to contact you in case of difficulty in processing an order or to deal with customer services issues.
• Financial information relating to your payment for products (such as credit card number and expiry date) is collected and held securely by Barclays Bank on our behalf. This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfil customers' orders. No financial information is stored on our servers or those of our partner Internova.
London Transport Museum takes precautions to protect users' information. We have in place security systems and encryption technology to help ensure the security of your personal information. The servers on which we collect and store personal information are kept in an accredited, secure environment.
How do we use this information about you?
We use the information you give us to fulfill your order and to contact you in case of issues with your order. We also use your personal details and contact information for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• To improve the website and service provided by the London Transport Museum online shop
• To contact you in case of difficulty in processing an order or to investigate customer services issues
• To follow up as part of our customer care procedures
• To contact you by email with promotional and marketing information if you have opted to receive such information
We may use the information you give us to send details of our new services or to assist us in understanding our customers better. If you do not wish to receive details of our new services etc, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
You may be asked whether you would like to opt in to receive further information from London Transport Museum which we think may be of interest to you in the form of an email newsletter. This requires contact information such as name and email address to be retained by us for this purpose. Users who no longer wish to receive further information may unsubscribe to opt-out of receiving these communications or contact Customer Services using the website contact form.
London Transport Museum is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. Our partner (Internova) has access to this information for website maintenance purposes only. London Transport Museum will not pass on your personal information to any secondary organisations or use it for any purposes other than those stated above and in the terms and conditions.
This Website contains links to other websites with their own privacy policies, London Transport Museum and its partners are not responsible for the privacy policies of these websites.