This luggage rack is a replica from the Metropolitan line A Stock trains withdrawn in 2012. The A stock trains were the only ones to feature luggage racks in their carriages.
Manufactured by Retro Vintage exclusively for London Transport Museum to the original luggage rack specification and design, they are made from aluminium which means they are strong but surprisingly light.
Small: Length 440mm x depth 325mm x maximim height 210mm
• It is strongly recommended that professional guidance to fix the racks is sought from a reputable hardware store or qualified person, and please bear in mind that cavity walls (common inside
houses) will need substantially more fixing support than load bearing walls. The racks were designed as an integral part of the train carriage construction and domestic use will need
substantial fixing support.
• Fixing should be carried out by a competent person.
• Check the heads on the fixings are the correct size.
• Check that the drill bit used is the correct size.
• Double check all measurements before drilling holes.
• Avoid fixing to surfaces near heat sources (for example fire or cookers). Even though the racks are aluminium, what is stored on them may not be fireproof.
• Please regularly check screws and fixings to ensure that the racks remain securely fixed.
• As a guide, and if PROPERLY fixed, the recommended safe working load for the rack is 5kg.
Made in India.
*During sale periods please allow up to 7 working days for standard UK shipping*
Please allow 3-5 working days for UK delivery from order date. Please note some items (such as posters) may arrive separately
(Please note UK delivery for limited edition and special edition prints is currently 15 working days)
For International delivery, please allow up to 21 working days.
UK standard delivery £5 per order.
UK next day delivery (orders placed before 12pm) - £8 per order
International delivery charges are variable (according the weight and region). The delivery rate will be displayed at checkout.
Please note, working days are classed as Monday to Friday only, excluding UK Bank Holidays and Public Holidays for UK deliveries.
During sale periods, delivery times may be extended.